Material donations are crucial to our mission. The dollars that generate help us provide opportunities for people with disabilities or other challenges, living right here in Frederick & Carroll Counties, Maryland. While we consider every donor a partner with Goodwill, there are several ways that businesses, organizations, and others can partner with us and play a key role in helping us secure much-needed donations.
Benefits to you:
- It is easy, Goodwill manages the process for you
- Save money, time and increases valuable warehouse/storage space
- Dispose of unwanted items
- Receive a charitable write-off with convenient donations locations
- Reduce trash/compactor costs and helps preserve the environment
- Partner with a trusted community-based organization and promote positive public relations through increased community involvement
To learn more, refer to our Donation Guidelines for additional information.
Help the Environment and Your Bottom Line!
You can dispose of unwanted merchandise in an environmentally and socially conscious manner and create a tax benefit for your company by donating your overstock, customer returns and outdated products to Goodwill. You can even consolidate your employees’ and customers’ large donations at your work site or have us help by picking up old furniture, supplies and electronic equipment. We are happy to pick up large donation quantities free of charge. Just call us and let us share how we can help!
Sponsor a Collection Site and Allow Goodwill to Place a Donation Bin on Your Commercial Property
Businesses, organizations, schools, churches, apartment and condominium complexes, municipalities etc. can help us collect material donations by serving as a collection site for internal or external bins. Goodwill will promote your bin location on our website to encourage the community to donate at your site. We’d also be happy to tailor a program to meet your needs!
- Donation bins are a clean, economical method of collecting donations throughout our community
- Each bin is regularly serviced every two to five days, this includes emptying and cleaning the bin, picking up any items around the bin and ensuring that the image of the bin is appropriate
- When you agree to have a bin placed on your commercial property, you will receive a special telephone number in the event that the bin needs service between normally-scheduled pick-ups and Goodwill will guarantee someone will be dispatched to the bin location the same day
- Take comfort in knowing that your customers will know your business supports the community
Host a Donation Drive With Your Staff and Customers!
Holding a donation drive at your business or organization is a great way to involve your employees or staff in a meaningful cause, promote team spirit and demonstrate your organizations commitment to the community. Goodwill makes it easy! We provide:
- Instructions on how to plan, promote and communicate your event
- Drive Supplies including donation bin & posters
- Scheduled pick-ups for of donations
- To ensure that your drive is a success, we recommend you register your drive one month early.
For Commercial Donations, Bin Placement and Donation Drives, Contact:
Rick Hill, Director of Operations
Telephone: (240) 457-0947
Or by clicking on the link below