Goodwill. We put people to work.
Are you looking for motivated, well- trained employees? Do you seek pre-screened and willing applicants? If you have answered yes to these questions, Goodwill can help you!
Our clients are seeking a chance to become independent, tax-paying members of our community by finding jobs that match their skills and competence levels. By providing job readiness training, job search assistance, placement assistance, and career counseling, we give our clients the tools they need to find a job and the skills they need to maintain success. But only you can give them a chance to work.
When you hire a Goodwill graduate, you not only fill a need in your own organization, you also give a fellow human being a chance at higher self-esteem, higher independence and a higher sense of purpose in the world. When your business has an open position, Goodwill may have the perfect candidate for you, just waiting for a chance.
Goodwill’s career development and job placement services are entirely free of charge to both parties. That means, as a business manager, you save HR hassles, as well as saving money on classified ads and headhunters.
Other benefits to your business include:
- Your employment needs are matched with suitable job candidates through our Mission Services Staff.
- Your business can receive tax advantages for hiring individuals in our community who are economically disadvantaged, displaced workers, or who have special needs.
- We provide follow up and support services to ensure a smooth transition of our candidate in the work environment.
- We also provide support services to our job candidates to assist them in maintaining employment such as funding for transportation, and other work-related expenses as well as job coaching services.
- We provide replacement services. If our referral does not meet your needs, we will provide you with another match.
Want to learn more? Contact:Carol Pickett, Business Developer at (410) 227-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful to the many Frederick and Carroll County businesses who have worked with us to develop mutually successful employment partnerships between businesses and individuals in our community with barriers to employment:
“We love the working relationship we have with our employees and Goodwill Industries. We are very proud to sponsor an inclusive and diverse work culture and we would love to be a part of this initiative”- HR Manager, Common Market
“We recognize that diversity encourages creativity and innovation, and by taking advantage of a wide variety of perspectives and experiences, we are able to be more creative and ensure we are meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers.” Dustin Bachtell, Human Resources Manager Toys R Us
“Since I have been working with Tommy, we have really seen him grown. He works just as hard as anyone else at Costco and it’s a pleasure having him around.”– Gregg, Facilities Manager, Costco Depot.
“It has been an extreme pleasure to work with the all the folks involved with Goodwill . They were able to fill a need for us and we were happy to have some additional help. A good match for us” Dave Kohn, Manager Glory Days, Eldersburg
“When Joanna comes to work, we don’t think oh here comes our Goodwill Graduate, we think GREAT! Joanna’s here because we have 50 mailings that need to go out”. – Robyn Hildebrand, Visitor Services Manager, Tourism Council of Frederick County