Partner Your Business with GIMV to Make the Most of Unused Materials
As a community-based nonprofit, Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley regularly partners with Maryland businesses and organizations to improve life in Carroll County and Frederick County.
From extending the life of your unused materials or servicing a collection bin for donations on your campus, check out the numerous ways your business or organization can team up with us in win-win scenarios for our community.
Your overstocked, customer-returned, or outdated products have more value to our community than you may realize when you make the initial determination to remove them from your inventory. Donate those items to GIMV, and you’ll help your neighbors that may struggle with natural or environmental adversity. Partnering with us works for everyone by:
- Giving your business a tax deduction for donating to GIMV
- Quickly clearing space in your warehouse or storage facility
- Reducing your costs for waste disposal
- Adding to GIMV’s saleable inventory
- Generating revenue to GIMV, which we use to administer job-training and personal development programs for our fellow residents in Carroll and Frederick counties
- Putting to work GIMV associates, many of which continue toward independence despite disabilities or other disadvantages
- Extending product life and reducing space occupied in landfills
- Promoting community life and partnerships
Make donating for your employees, members and customers easy by sponsoring a collection site on your grounds. GIMV will install and maintain a 24-hour donation drop-off bin at your commercial property.
We’ll empty and clean the bin every two to five days, and we’ll give you a phone number you can call if your bin needs servicing between normally scheduled pick-ups. In most cases, we can service the bin on the same day.
On-campus donation bins represent an authentic way for businesses, organizations, schools, religious institutions and residential complexes to demonstrate their support for our community job-training programs.
Create competition for a good cause at your business by rallying your employees for a donation drive. You can specify a period of time and reward your most generous employees. We’ll help make it a success by providing you:
- Guidance on how to plan, promote and execute your event
- Supplies to make it work, including the donation bin and posters
- Scheduled pick-ups for the donations your business collects
Just let our staff know at least a month in advance so we can give you all the resources you need to make it a success!
Put Us to Work for You
Our team stands ready to help you with any of the above activities. Click below for more info.