Partner with Us to Find Your Next Great Employee
We help put people to work. Our mission remains as simple as that, and it includes working with you to identify, hire and retain motivated, screened, trained and supported residents of Carroll County and Frederick County that will help your business grow.
Before you’ve even realized your need for full-time or part-time help, we’ve enrolled, guided and graduated hundreds of people in one or more of our career development programs. All of our clients dream of living as independently as they can; some have a disability or special needs. Hiring Goodwill-supported community members can increase the talent and diversity of your workplace while helping them put their talents and skills into action.
What’s In It for You?
Teaming up with us to fill your employment vacancies represents a no-lose investment for your business. Our placement services and the support we provide to our clients that you hire remain free of charge to you. You’ll save money on advertising your vacancy and on headhunters, and our streamlined process minimizes the HR hassles that sometimes arise when onboarding a new employee.
Other benefits to your business:
- Our Workforce Development staff will analyze your employment needs and match them with appropriate candidates.
- After the hire, we’ll work closely with you and your new employee to ensure he/she transitions quickly into a productive member of your team and organizational culture.
- Our total developmental mentoring of our graduates does not end on the hire date, as we provide job-specific coaching and work-related support services, such as transportation funding, to help them continue and ultimately thrive on your staff.
- In the unlikely event a GIMV referral does not work out as an employee, we’ll work with both parties on a separation and will provide you with another match.
- In some cases, your business can receive a tax advantage for hiring individuals in our community who are economically disadvantaged, displaced, or who have special needs.
What’s In It for the GIMV Client?
A chance to say to family members and friends, “I got the job.”
We all remember the joy in sharing such news with others and in receiving the hugs, high-fives and congratulations in return.
GIMV clients want to improve their lives and progress on the road to independence. We can teach them and help to develop different aspects of their lives, but only you can tell them, “You’re hired.”
Doing so gives a local resident greater independence, higher self-esteem and a financial base from which to participate in life: saving for a new residence, paying taxes, securing daily needs, and so on. Hiring one of our graduates also boosts his/her sense of purpose while, in some cases, reducing reliance on a government assistance program.
Case in point: Derek, the winner of Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley’s 2018 Graduate of the Year Award, has become a valuable addition to the staff at a warehouse and distribution center for a national retailer.
Partnering with a business on the successful, mutually beneficial employment of one of our graduates always will rank as an achievement of our mission. Click below, submit your information, and a member of our business development staff will contact you soon.