Ten Simple Ways You Can Help Serve the Monocacy Valley
We cannot put our why into action without you. Check out a few simple ways you can help Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley help your neighbors in Carroll County and Frederick County, Md.
- Make a monetary donation. Funds directly support our various workforce development programs that help members of our community learn skills and earn jobs. Bonus: ask your company to match your gift.
- Donate your gently used clothing and household items at one of GIMV’s eight donation centers. Proceeds from those items help to fund our community programs.
- Shop our stores throughout Carroll and Frederick counties and online at shopgoodwill.com/gimv. You’ll find a considerable variety of high-quality items at exceptional prices, and each purchase directly supports our job-training and personal-development initiatives.
- Hire a GIMV program graduate or current participant. We’ve trained them to work, and they stand ready to make a great asset on your team.
- Perform a final good deed by including GIMV in your estate plan. Your gift will cement your legacy as an active supporter of the community.
- Spread the word. Our staff delights in speaking to local organizations. Contact us if you’d like to host a speaker.
- Volunteer at one of our locations. You’ll get to know your neighbors and, perhaps better, help them get to know you. Bring your company or organization for a group volunteer day.
- Attend a GIMV event. We host our share of them, and event proceeds benefit our programs that put local people to work.
- Co-sponsor a donation drive. GIMV can help you organize a campaign for donations in your place of business. Those donations (hard goods and monetary) support our programs to help local residents.
- Teach one of our skills classes. Do you have expertise in technology or software that you can share with our clients? Volunteer as an instructor at our computer labs in Frederick or Westminster.
Donate to Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley
Your financial support helps us administer these programs to area residents, giving them the skills and jobs they need to create their own independence. Consider a tax-deductible financial gift today.